There are few pleasures in life that can compare to soaking yourself in a hot bath. A crisp glass of wine in peace is a pleasant way to relax, let your cares float away, and relieve aching muscles, as well as relieve aching muscles.
Don’t worry if you don’t have a bathtub, but you are unable to take a bath, the most basic luxury. In cases where people are only able to use a shower stall but are longing for a luxurious soak, portable bathtubs are the appropriate alternative.
When remodeling your bathroom, you can also use them. Whether you’re camping or on your terrace, these bathtub alternatives let you take a bath outside whenever you want.
There are several bathtub models and brands on the market today, but how do you choose the most suitable one? If you’re looking for the most suitable bathtub, you won’t find one-size-fits-all solutions!
A definitive answer to this question cannot be given, according to David Mason, owner of The Knobs Company. You really need to determine what works best for you based on your specific requirements. The ability to move a lightweight, portable bathtub might be a big appeal for some people, while people who prefer a robust, feature-rich bathtub may look for a more durable one. It is ultimately imperative that you find a portable bathtub that meets your needs and fits your lifestyle.”
10 Best Portable Bathtubs Review 2022
We’ve compiled our favorite picks for 2022 to assist you in choosing the most suitable portable bathtub. Check out this list of 10 portable bathtubs based on your needs, lifestyle, and preferences!
Before buying a portable bathtub, you should consider factors such as size, shape, drainage, etc. But first, let’s get started with the best ways to rub-a-dub-dub if you don’t have a tub.
This high-density PVC bathtub model makes a great choice if you like to stretch out completely while taking a bath. Additionally, it has a headrest, armrests, and a cup holder.
Inflatable models typically come with a pump and a drainage pipe, but this model comes with an electric pump for easy water removal. And, for easy water temperature maintenance, it’s zip-up closed with a velcro strap!
- 63 x 33 x 29.1 inches
- PVC material ensures durability
- Designed for comfort
- Anatomical headrest
- Auxiliary armrest
- Holder for a cup
- An electric pump is included for easy inflation
- Water can be drained easily through two drainage pipes
- Water temperature is maintained with a zip-up closure
- Easily foldable
- Shower stalls with small dimensions will not fit
- Moving is impossible without handles
The compact model of this portable bath tub is perfect for small spaces such as shower stalls and RVs. In addition to being made of non-toxic PVC, it is also insulated with EPE for better temperature control. Moreover, it can be folded and stored easily without requiring inflation.
- 30 x 30 x 26 inches
- PVC is durable and long-lasting
- Water temperature is maintained by an insulation layer
- Adding air is unnecessary
- A foldable design
- Sides and bottom have drainage holes
- A shape that prevents you from stretching out your legs
- For people with mobility issues, high sides may pose a problem
The extra-large inflated tub can accommodate two people in a comfortable manner if you like to share bath time. In addition to its inflatable pillows and electric air pump, it also comes with inflatable pillows at each end. Keeping the water at a stable temperature is also made easier by the durable plastic.
- 62.99 x 47.24 x 23.62 inches
- Two people can fit comfortably in it
- An inflatable pillow that is comfortable and supportive
- Includes a pump for airing it up
- The temperature of the water is maintained by durable plastic
- Small spaces are not suitable
- Smaller tubs require less water
People who have limited space can also choose this non-inflatable tub. It maintains water temperatures for as long as 120 minutes thanks to its 7 layers of insulation. Additionally, there are drainage holes on the sides and bottom to make water easy to remove, and it’s foldable for storage.
- 30 x 30 x 30 inches
- Small spaces are good for this
- Water temperature is maintained by adding insulation
- This does not require inflation
- An easy-to-fold
- Drainage holes on the sides and bottom
- It prevents you from stretching
- People with mobility issues may have trouble with the high side
Reinforced seams prevent ruptures and leaks in this larger, sturdy tub. As well as its wireless electric pump, it can deflate and inflate itself. Keeping water temperatures is made easier by its zip-top cover, another nice feature of this model.
- 61.20 x 31.5 x 20.47
- Legs can be stretched out more easily with larger dimensions
- Inflates and deflates wirelessly with a portable electric pump
- Ensures that no leaks or ruptures occur at the seams
- Water temperature can be maintained with a zip-top cover
- It is reported that some customers have trouble draining this tub
- Small spaces may not be able to accommodate a larger size
Homefilos offers this large bathtub model with a 35-inch diameter if you need a circular tub with a little more space. The depth is only 22 inches, which makes it easier to access for people with mobility issues, unlike other tubs that are as deep as 30 inches. Water can also be easily removed through a five-foot hose, which is provided along with the unit. There are also five sample bathtub liners included in this package.
- 35-inch diameter
- 22-inch depth
- Diameter is a little larger
- Some circular models have lower sides
- Drains on both sides and in the center
- Drainage hose with a length of five feet
- Drainage hole leak complaints
This circular tub features a fun flamingo pattern or a blue moon and stars pattern if you are looking for one with a little more personality. It offers side and bottom drainage for easy water removal, and its three layer construction helps to maintain water temperature. A folding and storing mechanism is also included with this model.
- 27.5 x 27.5
- An interesting design
- Well-maintained water temperature
- Provides drainage on both sides and at the bottom
- Stores easily and folds up
- Initially smells plasticky, but fades over time
- Some people may find the high sides uncomfortable
A thumbs up from some petite adults on this foldable tub, too. There is no assembly required for this model, which is a great advantage. It’s just a matter of folding and unfolding! Additionally, the base is non-slip, BPA-free, and doesn’t smell harsh. Despite the lower sides, the chair has a higher back that offers a good headrest and allows easy entry and exit.
- 39 x 20 x 22.8 inches
- No assembly required with foldable design
- The base has a non-slip surface
- Contains no BPA
- Chemicals do not smell harsh
- Sides of the lower body
- Headrest with a higher back
- Fits into a small shower cubicle, but may not fit in a large one
- Models with a shallower depth
Despite the fact that some people will not be able to stretch out all their legs fully in this oval tub. This is because it does offer more legroom than a circular tub. An exclusive zip-up top and six layers of waterproof material keep the water temperature constant, allowing you to relax longer. Aside from the metal brackets, this bathtub is also made from food-grade PVC and comes with metal brackets that make it more stable.
- 43.5 x 26.7 x 23.6 inches
- Extra legroom is provided by oval shapes
- Water temperature is maintained by six layers of insulation
- To maintain the temperature of the water, the top zips up
- Easy water removal with double drains
- PVC food-grade material
- For added stability, metal brackets are used
- Legs cannot be stretched out by everyone
When you’re looking to relax, this well-reviewed Oasis bathtub is a good option if you have a little extra space and money to spend. In addition, this tub does not require inflation since it folds and unfolds as needed. An insulated cover helps keep the water temperature stable, and it’s made from non-slip, BPA-free plastic. Bathtub handles also offer a unique feature that helps in getting into and out of the tub. The extra features and durability make this option more expensive, but it could be worth it.
- 59 x 26.63 x 22.84 inches
- It’s spacious
- Inflation is not necessary
- An easy-to-fold
- Plastic that is free of BPA
- The set includes a bath pillow
- Maintains water temperature with an insulated cover
- Handles for bathtubs
- Compared to other options, this option is larger
- Shower stalls with small spaces are not recommended
- It’s expensive
Considerations Before Buying a Portable Bathtub
Before buying a portable tub, consider these factors to ensure a comfortable soak.
The size of your portable tub is one of the most important factors to consider if you don’t plan on using it outdoors. Circular tubs are a great choice when you have a shower stall that measures 30×30. Before purchasing, however, make sure you measure your shower stall correctly.
A larger tub can be more comfortable if you have a larger shower stall. Remember to take into account the space where you’ll store your tub when you’re not using it!
There are usually two types of portable tubs: circular and oblong. In addition to factoring in the size of your space, you should also consider what kind of bath you enjoy taking. Bathtubs of a circular design are good for soaking all the way up to your shoulders. While bathing, you’ll have to kneel or sit cross-legged.
An oblong design may be preferred if you prefer to stretch your legs out. You’ll also want to measure how much room is needed for your legs to stretch out when placing the tub.
Buying a tub also involves considering its height. Make sure that you choose a tub height that is comfortable for you if you have mobility issues.
Your tub needs to be made of decent materials no matter what type you choose. For added strength, look for tubs constructed from PVC or multiple layers. Choose a non-toxic and BPA-free option if you’re concerned about the environment.
What’s the deal with inflatables?
Inflatable portable bathtubs can be inflated, whereas folded or unfolded portable bathrooms can be folded or unfolded easily. To make setting up inflatables easier, ensure they come with an air pump.
Portable tubs are as much about your post-bath experience as your soak. The easier your tub drains, the more likely it will be that you’ll use it again.
It will be much easier to empty your tub if you have a tub with dual drainage on the side and bottom, along with a water removal hose. After taking a relaxing bath, you won’t want to deal with trying to remove water, so drainage is crucial!
Bubble baths can be dangerous!
You may be able to use epsom salts in most portable tubs, but keep in mind that any oils or bubbles you use in the tub will get into the lining and make it slippery. Prevent mold from growing on your portable tub by cleaning and drying it before storing it.
Portable bathtubs are available in a variety of styles, as you can see. There’s no reason you can’t enjoy a relaxing soak, no matter your budget or the size of your bathroom. If you plan to use and store your tub at your home, be sure to measure the area first.
To make the setup and breakdown of your tub easier, consider factors such as inflation and drainage.
Portable tubs allow you to enjoy one of the most simple pleasures in life, whether you are in the shower stall or in the great outdoors!