If you click on any link on MavSoho.com & decide to buy it, we may earn a small commission. Read More Here
Tired looking for a quick and easy solution for the query “How To Get Rid Of The Mold In The Shower?” then you’re at the right place.
Why again? YUCK! This mold will always have my back. The black stains in the bathroom annoy the people and make their day the worst one. No matter how hard they try, but the mold stays forever.
Whether in the grout or the windows, around the shower drain, behind the tiles and under the soap stand, it can occur anywhere and everywhere. Showers feel the most junk-filled place when they get containment of molds.
Entering the bathroom and facing the filth of mold might lead to a dull day. It’s something that may arise after every week of cleaning; it’s something that causes a dope situation; it’s something that will spoil your mood with a single view…
Have you ever chalked your mind and think that how does this mold arise? Wet surface in the bathroom and spills of water often creates this. Delay in drying the wet areas contributes to mold growth.
Less ventilation in the bathroom and high humidity due to warm showers may also lead to molds. Further, body wash’s or soap scum washed off during a shower hand out in the growth of the molds.
People often ignore this and consist of a belief that they are due to bad tiles or construction issues. However, in reality, one must never ignore this.
The mold is dangerous enough to infect you with rashes, health risks, respiratory problems, sensitivities, etc. Further, asthma patients and people with weak immune systems may face more issues with mold.
But the question arises how to get rid of the mold in the shower? Is there any professional technique or permanent solution available? This article will help you learn about how to discard the mold available in the shower. Along with this, you can also read our guides on how to unclog a shower drain and easy ways to replace a shower cartridge.
How To Get Rid Of The Mold In The Shower — Step By Step Guide
Getting away with mold in your shower is a bit easy task. It does not involve any high expenses or professional needs. However, few ingredients and a simple process are what you need to do.
To get rid of the irksome mold that is bothering you for since long, follow the methods below and the steps mentioned:
1. Using Vinegar/Bleach/Baking Soda
- Take bleach and water in a 2:1 ratio in a bowl. That means, take the bleach twice as that of the quantity of water.
- Mix it well till it becomes a paste-like solution.
- Use a brush to apply the paste to the mold.
- Instead of a brush, you can also fill the paste in a spray bottle and sprinkle the solution.
- Bleach will whiten the affected area and help to remove the black mold. Therefore, taking bleach twice to that of water helps to clear and brighten the area.
- Keep the solution on the stains for at least 40 minutes.
- Observe the affected region. If the mold has begun to fade, it means the solution worked. However, some regions might be hardly affected and consist of a stubborn mold.
- To remove the highly affected region, use a brush and scrub it till the mold gets cleaned.
- Later, as and when it dries, wash the surface with clean water, and you will surely notice the result. In place of bleach, you can either use vinegar or baking soda as substitutes. Both of these will play the role of bleach and help to remove the stains.
2. Using Vinegar/Baking Soda
- Take vinegar/baking soda and water in a bowl.
- Decide upon a ratio by a trial method.
- Take water in a bowl and keep adding vinegar/baking soda until it becomes a solid-like paste.
- Mix it well and apply the paste on the mold either with a brush or sprinkle it with a spray bottle.
- Please keep it on the mold until the mold’s stain begins to fade.
- Approximately it will take a time of 40-50 minutes.
- Scrub the region that is highly affected by mold with a brush.
- Later, wash it off with clean water. The steps can be used repeatedly until and unless the mold gets cleaned.
3. Using Hydrogen Peroxide
- Take Hydrogen Peroxide and mix it with water in equal concentration.
- Hydrogen Peroxide is an effective anti-bacterial solution used to remove molds.
- Fill it in the bottle and mix it well.
- Apply the solution to the affected area and keep it for 40-50 minutes.
- Scrub the area with the required force to remove the mold stains.
- Later, spread water to it and wipe until it gets dry.
3. Using Lemons
- Lemon is a natural stain remover ingredient. The presence of high-concentration acid, it removes the black stains effectively.
- Squeeze 4-5 lemons in a bowl and pour them upon the affected area.
- Keep the lemon solution on the mold stains for 10 minutes.
- Scrub the surface area if the region is highly infected with the mold.
4. Using Vinegar, Baking Soda, & Water
- Take baking soda, vinegar, and water in 2:1:1 proportion.
- Mix twice baking soda with half the amount of vinegar and water.
- Mix it well until it turns into a solid paste.
- Spray the mixture on the affected area and keep it until it dries.
- Scrub the black stain of mold and later clean it with water.
Hence, to get rid of the stains permanently and let your hesitation go, follow the methods and steps provided in the article. The article will help you eliminate your query “how to get rid of the mold in the shower” and give you mold-free life.
Read carefully as the 30 minutes’ dedication and hard work while preparing the solution will help you get away from the daily muddle. Other than natural methods, there are chemical removers too.
However, that might cause a threat to health as that of mold. Therefore, to prevent the mold from ventilating your bathroom properly, let the towels, mats, and curtains dry, repair the cracked tiles, and use mold-resistant paint in the bathroom.
I am a full-time professional architect who is passionate about all kinds of stuff design and construction. Now I share my advice and experience in the architecture and home improvement industries. In MAV SoHo I recommend the best shower heads to help you achieve your goals and simply get the job done at an affordable cost.